Sunday, September 26, 2010

What I know about Clyde E. Gray


This is a the most common size tile found for sale.  4 1/4 by 4 1/4 these can be bought at the Heritage Village in Woodville as well as occasionally on Ebay.
They are often found mounted directly onto a piece of stained wood or in a small frame with a cloth back.  Barns, outhouses, old chairs are prevalent themes along with pine and dogwood trees.  The price of these tiles can vary between ten and fifty dollars depending on the scene depicted and where it is being sold.




This is a label commonly found with pieces from Clyde Gray. It is about 2" wide by 4" tall and several of the tiles that I have purchased on Ebay have included this tag.  Sometimes it is lightly adhered to the back of the mounting other times it is tucked behind some of the mounting. 



























h

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you were still interested or looking for more painting from Clyde E Gray? I have 8 original framed that are in excellent condition. If you are still interested please contact me at cerissa25@hotmail.com

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the information. Earlier today I came across a framed title and it is signed in the lower right hand corner (gray 76)
    I need to do more research to understand what the full picture would look like as it depcicts 3 Pine trees in a cluster of Yellow Trees
    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, I can fill this blog with information about Clyde and his artwork, please check back here for more.

      Delete
  3. I haven't original on ceramic tile by Clyde e Gray autographed gray on the front and autographed his full name on the back in a box wooden frame I need info on this please somebody message me at 409-242-9984 thank you

    ReplyDelete